- Need description
- Set guidelines for PAC giving policies.
- Recommend association policy on legislative, regulatory and legal issues to the Board of Directors.
- Monitor and track governmental activities and issues that may have an impact on the industry. Conducts research where necessary.
- Develop personal relationships with public (municipal, county, regional, state and national) officials.
- Develop and coordinate local legislative and regulatory goals and strategies. Develops a system to prioritize issues according to their importance, ability to succeed and impact on association resources.
- Prepare regular communications regarding actions by local government for distribution to members.
- Develop and implement a system to alert members regarding pending government issues of interest to industry.
- Develop solutions to industry problems in cooperation with elected and appointed officials.
- Develop programs for association meetings involving government affairs issues, including participation by leading appointed and elected officials.
- Identify members to testify before boards, commissions and committees regarding industry issues. Also, identifies members interested in serving as an appointed or elected public official.
- Act as the liaison with state and national government affairs committees and garners support among local members for state and national initiatives.
3:00 PM Government Affairs Committee
Date and Time
Wednesday Apr 12, 2023
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
Time: 3:00 PM
PBA Conference room or via conference call. To call in dial:
605-475-4872, follow the prompts,then use code: 587350.
Executive Director, Janet C. Chombok